Pensions Administrator (Hybrid working)
Location: Glasgow city centre (Hybrid role)
Salary: £24k to £25k DOE
Hours of work: Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm (Flexible working options available)
Experience: Pensions/Defined Benefits/Defined Contribution/Administration/Financial Services
Purpose of the role: To work as part of a dynamic administration team servicing both members and clients on Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contribution (DC) and CARE pension arrangements.
A bit about the role…
- To manage client accounts on the internal systems and processes any changes such as; joiners, retirements, deaths, early leavers, transfers in and out, illustrative quotations.
- Complete all processes for the client while maintaining agreed service levels and working to precise timescales.
- Maintains the scheme cash books, reconciles bank statements and prepare the cash-flow forecasts.
- Assist with annual and periodic scheme events such as pension increase and annual renewal exercises.
- Drafts Administration Reports and prepares relevant data.
- Provides a timely, efficient, professional and personal service to meet the needs of all clients internally and externally.
- Produce and create feedback reports and share with senior management.
- Sharing ideas and thoughts to enhance continuous improvement to the client's journey.
- Ensures accurate and timely recording of all work in the time recording system.
- Ensures all work is charged, in particular, requests and projects -outside the agreed fee basis with reference to team leaders.
A bit about you…
- Professional qualification, such as Associate Membership to the Pension Management Institute, or relevant industry experience.
- Proven experience of day-to-day pension administration - ideally both DB/DC and CARE pension arrangements.
- Has up to date knowledge of relevant pension's legislation, technical developments affecting pension administration and industry best practice.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory body procedures
- Good understanding of Data Protection legislation, the Information Commissioner, HMRC Limits, the Pensions Regulator, rules and regulations and recent legislative changes.
- Good IT skills, including working with Microsoft Office application and experience of a pension administration system such as UPM, or system(s) with a similar purpose.
- Communicates clearly and concisely both orally and in writing and demonstrates effective communication with clients/members which aligns with our values.
- Plans and organises time and workload effectively, is able to juggle priorities and work well under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to work quickly and accurately.
- A strong team member and works in a consultative, collaborative manner with others.
If you feel like you have what it takes to be successful within this role then please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com and I will be in touch in shortly.
Please note that due to the expected high number of applicants I will be unable to contact everyone, so please assume that you have been unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 7-10 days and I wish you every success in your job search.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.