Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£25000.00 - £31000 per annum + + Benefits
Job Title: Pensions Administrator
Location: Pensions Office, Glasgow
Salary: The salary offered is £25,000-£31,000 Depending on experience + benefits
Search Consultancy, Business Support are delighted to be supporting the growth of a national business as they recruit a Pensions Administrator for their busy office based in the city centre of Glasgow. The offices are 10 minutes from Glasgow Central Station and only 5 minutes from Charing Cross.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Working knowledge of UK pensions legislation
* Detailed knowledge of the Profund and Propay administration systems is preferred;
* Working knowledge of the Laws of Intestacy, Probate, Succession, Trust and inheritance tax and the differences in how they apply within the UK;
* Knowledge of PAYE;
* Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel packages.
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Have obtained a pensions qualification e.g. PMI, QPA/DPA or be actively working towards it or be will to
* Have at least 2 years final salary pensions experience
* Contribute successfully to the overall success of the team in consistently meeting office standards of customer service;
* Accurately calculate, award and record on Profund administration system the range of benefits due to members in accordance with Trust Deed and Rules and Inland Revenue limits:
* Maintain all records appropriately;
* Awarding the full range of pension benefits
* Calculate and make transfer payments on receipt of relevant documentation
* Process monthly payment of pensions and other allowances
* Process payments due in respect of the death of a deferred member/pensioner
* Ensuring that the correct documentation has been received
* Investigating cases where a dependency issue may arise
* Process the correct benefits - pension and/or lump sum - and ensuring that the correct details are recorded on the Profund/Propay
* Process and record widow(er) pensions and child allowances - taking into account appropriate tax codes;
* Overpayments recovery that has been made to deceased pensioners;
* Prepare third party payments
* Investigate why payments have not been received
* Maintain controls for audit purposes and providing the necessary statistics to management
* Making sure relevant compliances are completed.
* Deal with enquiries promptly and efficiently in accordance with the office service standards
* Complete proforma calculations in line with historic Scheme Rules
If you feel you match the experiences listed above for this particular role please get in touch with Rob Hilley, Search Consultancy, Business Support Desk for a confidential discussion.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.