I am working with a multinational Finance, Pension and Actuarial company who are looking for a Pension Actuarial Consultant to join their team in London.
They are looking for a nearly/newly qualified actuary, with strong knowledge of occupational pensions, to focus primarily on supporting our Trustee advisory practice in London.
As well as working on our existing clients, you will have the opportunity to be involved in generating new clients and projects.
Consultants will have responsibility for:
- Delivering high quality work for our clients through your own work or by managing the junior team's work
- Assisting more senior members of the team in generating new clients
- Actively contributing to a wide range of client projects of a technical actuarial nature or using your skills on other projects
- Contributing to practice management, for example mentoring less experienced colleagues and working on specialist proposition teams (i.e. M&A, Derisking, Funding, Asset Backed Contributions, PPF levy).
Consultants are expected to have the following knowledge, skills and behaviours:
- Student actuary with experience of defined benefit pension schemes
- Be able to demonstrate a wide knowledge on occupational pension schemes and pensions legislation
- Experience of delivering advice on/producing company accounting disclosures under IAS 19 and FRS101/102
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in the workings of companies and the pensions issues they face
- Have a good understanding of the commercial aspects of providing consulting services to clients
- You will have the opportunity to grow into a senior role with responsibility for driving growth in the business. Therefore, you will have the skills to:
- be able to take the lead on some elements of client relationships and deliver the full range of pensions and benefits advice to clients;
- be able to develop relationships internally and externally to drive new business opportunities; and
- develop and lead more junior colleagues on client delivery and business development.
For your hard work you will receive a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.