I am currently working with a well known Pension Consultancy that are looking to add a Pension Technical Consultant to their team in Surrey.
As a Pensions Technical Consultant you will bring knowledge of defined contribution and defined benefit pensions processes and procedures to the team. It involves analysing processes and procedures to make recommendations and changes and liaising extensively with internal contacts.
- Assist in analysing pensions technical and legislative changes, assess their impact on the business and assist in implementing changes to processes and systems.
- Respond to technical queries from the administration teams.
- Assist in the review of client specific communications to maintain quality standards and prepare feedback to the administration teams.
- Assist in the analysis of standard communications and the preparation of templates, specifications and test packs.
- Assist in the analysis of proposed system changes (or new systems) and identify potential weaknesses and risks, business process issues and implementation requirements.
- Assist in the analysis of information from a number of sources (e.g. client and associate feedback, procedural reviews, errors and complaints,) to identify areas which could be changed to improve quality, efficiency or mitigate risk.
- Carry out internal procedural and Excellence reviews, as required.
- Capture and document business requirements.
- Flowchart current and re-designed business processes and document procedures.
- Assist in user testing of system changes.
- Monitor own workflow to ensure service levels are achieved.
- Assist the wider team in more complex / project work when required.
- Assist in preparing training courses and accompanying documentation, ensuring that these are technically correct and user friendly and deliver training where required.
- Support colleagues for holiday cover and workload peaks.
- Help to provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client/members' needs and to promote the firms brand.
- Assist in analysis of client specific communications where required.
- Background in defined benefit and defined contribution pensions administration business processes and procedures including up to date pensions legislative knowledge is essential
- Experience of analysis and auditing desirable
- Experience in pensions technical and legislative change analysis desirable.
- Knowledge of flexible benefits would be an advantage.
- Fully PMI qualified or part qualified (with aim to complete) desirable.
- Experience of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Experience of BenefitConnectUK (PMS6000) desirable but not essential.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.