I am working with a Finance, Pension and Actuarial company who are looking for a Senior Pension Actuarial Consultant to join their team in London.
They are looking for a nearly/newly qualified actuary, with strong knowledge of occupational pensions, to focus primarily on supporting our Trustee advisory practice in London.
As well as working on their existing clients, you will have the opportunity to be involved in generating new clients and projects.
Your professional experience
Senior Consultant will have responsibility for:
* Responsibility for day to day client management activities on existing trustee clients
* Having extensive client contact, including dealing with queries, and attending client meetings
* Assisting more senior members of the team in generating new clients
* Delivering high quality work for our clients
* Managing small teams of junior actuarial trainees as part of larger client teams
* Actively contributing to a wide range of client projects of a technical actuarial nature
* Contributing to practice management, for example mentoring less experienced colleagues and working on specialist proposition teams (ie M&A, Derisking, Funding, Asset Backed Contributions, PPF levy).
* Nearly/newly qualified actuary with experience of advising trustees of defined benefit pension schemes
* Be able to demonstrate a wide knowledge on occupational DB pension schemes and pensions legislation
* Experience of delivering advice on/producing company accounting disclosures under IAS 19 and FRS101/102
* Be able to demonstrate an interest in the workings of companies and the pensions issues they face
* Have a good understanding of the commercial aspects of providing consulting services to clients
* You will have the opportunity to grow into a senior role with responsibility for driving growth in the business. Therefore, you will have the skills to:
* be able to lead client relationships and deliver the full range of pensions and benefits advice to clients;
* be able to develop relationships internally and externally to drive new business opportunities; and
* develop and lead more junior colleagues on client delivery and business development.
For your hard work you will receive a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package along with support and constant training.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.