I am working with one of the UK's leading Pension consultancies who are looking to add a Actuarial Consultant to their team based in Guildford.
The main purpose of the role is to provide high quality pensions actuarial and consultancy support to the senior consultants. You will work closely with both Principals and the clients Senior Consultants to ensure effective and timely provision of actuarial and consultancy services.
The role will involve:
- Acting as a key member of the client actuarial team with a detailed involvement in all stages of triennial valuations, funding updates, company accounting work and other actuarial projects.
- Checking of work of other lesser experienced actuarial team members.
- Providing direct support to, including drafting advice for, the Scheme Actuary in the provision of actuarial consulting services for assigned clients.
- Proactively managing day-to-day client accounts, acting as first point of contact where applicable, with a view to becoming their trusted advisor.
- Starting to participate at trustees' meetings.
- Preparing final draft client bills and participating in our internal recovery group meetings.
Knowledge & experience;
A proven track record gained within the pensions actuarial consultancy industry is required. Able to demonstrate a very strong understanding of the various key areas of pensions actuarial work, including valuations, scheme funding framework, company accounting standards and knowledge of the pensions legislative environment.
In addition the following areas of expertise are important; research, checking, handling complex calculations, strong technical pensions knowledge and project management abilities. (Although not exclusive this role is likely to appeal to individuals with c 4-6 years' experience.)
- Previous pre-sales and presentational experience would be of distinct advantage to assist with client meetings and business development activities.
- Previous project management experience would be required to perform actuarial project based work.
- Strong IT skills competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications, in particular advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Training, education & qualification
- A minimum of a 2.1 honours degree (in any discipline), 136 UCAS points (new scheme) or equivalent (excluding General Studies and AS Level grades) including a grade A in A-Level Mathematics or equivalent.
- Working towards (or have successful attainment of) FIA/FFA qualification. (If applicable the company will actively assist the incumbent in achieving FIA/FFA status by the provision of an actuarial support package as this is a contractual requirement).
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.