A logistics giant based in Chester require an exceptional Payroll Supervisor to join them at their Head Office. In this newly created role, you will support the Payroll Manager and the Payroll team with end to end Payroll cycle for in excess of 2,000 staff across multiple sites.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering a highly effective and efficient payroll service to all employees across multiple sites
- Supervise your team of Payroll Administrators and offer guidance, support and training to enhance the payroll process
- Mitigating risk and minimising any occurrences of errors and monitoring team absences
- Controlling accurate and timely reporting under Real Time Information
- Producing P45's and P60's to employees
- Ensuring correct reconciliation of PAYE/NIC, Net Pay, deductions, pension contributions and salary sacrifice
- Ensuring compliance with pension auto-enrolment obligations
- Maintaining sound knowledge of payroll issues, regulation and best practice
- Deputise for the Payroll Manager and support continuous improvement
Experience, Skills & Qualifications Required:
- CIPP Qualified or studying towards
- Proven experience of Supervising a payroll team
- Strong IT skills, experience of Payroll software, some accounts software and Microsoft Excel
- Extensive knowledge of Payroll Compliance - RTI and AE and statutory payments
As Payroll Supervisor you will hold a key role bridging a gap between the Payroll Manager and the team of experienced Payroll Administrators. You will offer valuable guidance and support to the team and provide much needed support to the Payroll Manager. You will enjoy working in a positively collaborative environment and will work in an open plan and busy office. You will build great relationships with Senior Management, key stakeholders and operational staff and be the lead for all payroll matters.
You will receive training and support from the Payroll Manager, the Financial Controller and on the job support and guidance from your team.
The salary on offer is certainly competitive for this level of role and there is an enhanced benefits package on offer including:
25 days annual leave + bank holidays
Up to 10% annual bonus
Up to 5% pension contributions
Life Assurance at 4 times annual salary
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.