Senior Payroll officer £28,000 -£33,000 + Benefits - Manchester - Permanent
Search Accountancy are working opportunity to recruit for a market leader based in Manchester. At present, they have an opportunity available for a talented Senior Payroll Officer
We are currently looking for a knowledgeable and professional Senior Payroll officer to join the existing small HR team on a full-time, permanent basis.
This is an interesting role that is split across both Payroll and Training & Development, providing the successful candidate with a diverse range of work in a successful and growing organisation.
This person will have full management of the payroll process and will operate on a standalone basis; it is therefore imperative that the successful candidate can demonstrate the ability to operate in this capacity with confidence.
DUTIES OF ROLE
Undertaking the full end-to-end payroll process for 250 employees, involving collation and input of all relevant information for the monthly payroll including new starters, leavers, benefits, contract changes, sickness absence payments, allowances, maternity, apprentice levy and paternity pay.
Responsibilities also include:
- Managing payroll software (Moorepay) and time and attendance system (syteline)
- Advising on and keeping the company in compliance with changes in legislation and best practice
- Keeping policies and procedures up to date
- Working with our finance department to reconcile payroll
- To administer SSP, SMP and SPP
- Answering payroll queries in a timely and professional manner
- Assisting in the administration of benefits schemes such as mention and healthcare schemes
- Producing pay related reports to assist with payroll verification, analysis and statutory requirements
- Assisting with the implementation and drafting of payroll budgets, payroll calendars and reporting
- Maintaining absolute discretion and maturity in handling sensitive/confidential data
- Working with the ERP implementations team and the HR team to successfully streamline payroll policies, procedures and implement a payroll system improvement and transfer to a new payroll and time and attendance systems
HR and Training:
- Creating, coordinating and delivering a training plan and budget annually
- Coordinating, scheduling, booking and facilitating internal and external courses in line with the training plan, ensuring all training is delivered on time and to the required standards
- Implementing the management coaching programme, and supporting the development of on-the-job trainers on site
- Coordinating the implementation training and development programmes on a one-to-one basis ensuring every employee has a training plan
EDUCATION/TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience in a standalone payroll position
- Excellent IT skills, specifically Microsoft Word and EXCEL
- Experience of transition projects with both payroll and time and attendance systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication experience
- Experience of administering payroll for international employees
- Experience of Payroll Systems, ideally Moorepay
- Proactive and structured approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Friendly and gets along easily with others
- Ability to use own initiative and think outside the box
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable to adhere to priorities and deadlines
This is a unique opportunity to work for a business that will challenge you but also recognises hard work.
1st round interviews will be taking place in July 2020 so if you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please contact Vicky Howard @ Search firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.