Payroll Officer - Burgess Hill - 12.53 - Contract - Immediate Start only
To collate entire monthly payroll data (hourly & salaried paid) which have been approved by our regional offices and services and ensuring the data is accurately entered into the financial accounting system.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To collate and analyse monthly payroll data submitted by regional offices and services and ensuring the data is accurately entered into the Trust's Computer System.
* As part of a team processing payments for approximately 1300 hourly paid staff and 300 salaried staff. The annual gross payroll budget is in excess of £30m per annum.
* To be familiar with company policies and guidelines to be able to assist services with accurate information and guidance in their treatment of certain payroll matters and payments.
* To be able to maintain a computerised Payroll system. This would entail inputting starting and leaving employees, processing payments and assisting as appropriate or required with month-end procedures and shutdowns.
* To be able to calculate SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP, company sick pay, contracted hours, holiday and all other types of payments.
* Ensuring accurate deductions from pay - i.e. pension, superannuation, hospital fund, attachment of earnings, student loans and medical insurance and maintaining detailed records as appropriate.
* Record and maintain information on subject matters that will be required for audit and other purposes, by use of spreadsheets and/or word processing packages.
* Maintain filing system updating with leavers and new employees. Archiving annual information and generally ensuring files are up to date.
* Dealing with telephone enquiries from individual members of staff or unit management and administration.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties falling within the role of Payroll Officer as identified by the Reward & Payroll Manager or the Assistant Payroll Manager.
* To undertake, any reasonable travelling requirements, in order to fulfil the tasks and responsibilities of the role
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, SUPERVISION AND TRAINING
* Participate in regular support and supervision from line management
* Continuously develop professional knowledge and expertise, attending and participating in learning and development events, meetings, conferences, and events (as requested/approved by line management) to ensure up to date knowledge relevant to the role
* Attend and participate in regular team and other meetings, both internal and external
Interested and available immediately? Please apply below
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age