Payroll Manager // Manchester // 12 month transformation Project - Potential for longer term role // Competitive ££ // Excellent benefits
Search Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a dynamic and engaging people manager to lead a team of payrollers into a new chapter.
The ideal candidate will have managed a team previously and will be skilled in getting the best from people. You will relish the challenge to join an existing team and implement your own changes to improve performance and morale as well as systems and processes.
- To lead a substantially sized team to provide a comprehensive payroll function for a large, complex organisation
- Line manage, motivate and coach the payroll team in order to meet performance and personal development objectives
- Ensuring compliance to payroll and financial regulations.
- Managing multiple payrolls, including international, to ensure timely payments to employees and casual staff.
- Project manage improvement to systems and processes
- Leading on audit of the payroll function
Skills and experience required:
- Professionally qualified CIPP or other Payroll business qualification OR substantial experience managing a payroll team
- Extensive experience of running large, complex payroll
- Demonstrable experience in managing a substantial payroll team and in particular, improving performance and engagement of team members
- Excellent communication skills and able to engage with people at all levels from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Excellent grasp of IT and payroll systems
- A pragmatic approach to transformation and continuous improvement, with an ability to consider wider implications of chance across the organisation
This is an excellent opportunity for a strong leader to make a big impact and be recognised with a great package and fantastic benefits.
In order to be considered for this role you should have no more than 1 month notice period. If you are immediately available that would be preferable. Please send your CV in the first instance and shortlisted candidates will be contacted to discuss the role in more detail.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age