Payroll Clerk £21,000 - £23,000
* A genuine interest in and understanding of payroll.
* Absolute attention to detail and an uncompromising attitude to delivering what is right and proper.
* Determination and a will to succeed, both personally and on behalf of the department.
* Able to work effectively, both independently and as part of a small team.
* Bring to the attention of your manager any matters which prevents or hinders the execution of these duties.
* Good questioning and listening skills.
* Strong customer focus.
* An interest in and commitment to further development.
* Delivery of an accurate and timely payroll service for the Business via a partially outsourced payroll processing service (SD Worx). This includes the start to end processing for all payrolls for weekly, 4 weekly, managed houses and pensioners payrolls including expenses.
* Enter payments or increases in relation to all statutory payments as appropriate i.e. SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, NLW and NMW and issue relevant documents prior to expiry of Company Sick pay or SSP.
* Calculate Company sick pay entitlements and payments.
* Co-operation with all areas of the business and dealing with verbal and written queries from stakeholders, primarily, employees and their managers but on occasions duly authorised third parties e.g. HMRC.
* Process any tax code changes as required by downloading these from the HMRC website.
* Where necessary the cross checking of work with other members of the payroll team to minimise the risk of inaccurate input.
* Suggest ways to improve payroll processing as and when they are identified.
* To be aware of key initiatives underway within the wider HR team to help ensure that we all work seamlessly and deliver consistent outcomes.
VALUES & BEHAVIOURS
* Supportive - A team player that seeks to get the best out of both fellow team members and those that they interact with within the wider business.
* Integrity - Delivers what they say they will deliver, and if they can't they say they can't and let people know why.
* Tolerance/Respect -Being prepared to listen and genuinely consider an alternative view to their own, in return for being actively encouraged and indeed expected, to constructively challenge anything they do not think is right.
* Trust -Prepared to trust others in return for being trusted themselves.
* Honesty - They own up to their mistakes and in return they strive, wherever practicable, to encourage others who make mistakes to treat them as a learning experience rather than a cause for sanction.
* Offering outstanding value - Provision of a service that exceed expectations and leave their customers wanting to come back for more.
* Passion & Pride - Passionate about what they do and proud of how they do it.
* Customer focused -Entirely focused on our customers' needs understanding that they can and will go to a competitor if they don't.
* Sustainability - Embraces change where it adds value and draws on our heritage where it doesn't.
* Ethical - Profit is essential, but so is how we achieve it.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Two or more years working within a busy payroll team.
* Thorough understanding of payroll law/ HMRC protocols and its impact upon the workplace.
* Strong IT skills and ability to manipulate data using formulas
* Previous experience of inputting to, interrogating and running management information from specialist payroll/HR software.
* A solid and substantial record of successful operational payroll support.
* Previous experience of within a
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.