Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£11.00 - £13.00 per hour
Livingston based | Hybrid working available but must be able to travel into Livingston
Full Time | Monday to Friday
Temp role for 2 months initially | Likely to be extended up to 6 months
Up to £13.00 per hour depending on experience
Search Consultancy are currently working with a client in the public sector based in Livingston to recruit this role. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing comprehensive payroll support to the business.
Duties involved in this role will include:
* Updating and checking of payroll information & inputting onto the payroll system
* Checking contract changes, processing childcare vouchers & inputting timesheets
* Calculating and processing sickness (SSP) and maternity/paternity (SPP/SMP) payments
* Processing and reconciliation of payroll runs, ensuring all information is fully accurate
* Process any non-standard payments
* Updating of statutory information received from HMRC, DWP & pension managers
* Calculating payroll advances and adjustments
* Investigating and resolving any under/overpayments
* Preparing pension documentation as required
* Dealing with any payroll queries from employees, managers and external bodies
In order to be considered for this role your skills and experience should include:
* Extensive previous experience within a busy payroll department dealing with the above duties - this experience is essential
* Excellent organisation, time management and attention to detail skills, with the ability to prioritise a very busy workload effectively
* Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
* Solid IT skills, including the use of Word & Excel
If this is the role for you, apply now!
Please note that only applicants who have the required skills and experience detailed above will be considered for this role.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age