We're helping our client find an experienced Pathogens Lab Manager to join their scientific research team in Wolverhampton. The successful and experienced Lab Manager will be working in a food microbiology department, inspiring and motivating a team of technicians. The salary is up to £31k depending on experience.
The Pathogens Laboratory Manager will be responsible for the effective and efficient operation and management of the pathology laboratory alongside being responsible for ensuring that the laboratory operates in line with the Quality Management System. You'll also meet the business's and client requirements to fully comply with ISO standards and specific retail client requirements.
As the Pathogens Lab Manager, your main duties will be:
- Day to day management of laboratory staff in all aspects of laboratory activities
- Ensuring the lab operates within the QMS and complies with all requirements
- Reviewing test methods and relevant documentation
- Training and developing staff to ensure a multi -skilled team and staff retention
- Providing technical expertise to one and all and maintaining lab inventory
In order to apply for this full time role, you will need significant prior pathogens lab experience as well as experience in leading a team or supervising a team, possibly as a pathogens team leader looking for a career move.
Specific Scientific job requirements include:
- A BSc degree or equivalent in microbiology
- Working knowledge of food microbiology and testing laboratories
- At least five years' laboratory experience and Superior IT skills
- Experience of working in a UKAS accredited laboratory
In return for your expertise, you will receive a competitive salary and some great company benefits. To find out more about this professionally challenging and fulfilling Pathogens Lab Manager full-time job in Wolverhampton, please contact us today.
All interviews will be conducted online or on the phone. Your health and safety are of primary importance to Search Consultancy and the clients we represent.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.