Job Title: Conveyancing Secretary
Job Type: Part Time
Location: St Alban's
Search Consultancy is currently working on behalf of a client based within St Alban's looking to recruit for a Part Time Conveyancing Secretary. This role will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Conveyancing department by providing competent and effective Legal Secretarial duties to include full CQS compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Diary management
- Preparing contract documentation
- Audio and Copy Typing
- Organising and booking meeting rooms when required
- Opening, closing and storage or files in accordance within process and procedures
- General administrative duties including but not limited to; filing, scanning, printing and faxing
- When required provide typing support to other members of the conveyancing department
- Preparing Completion Statements and completing transactions
- Maintaining the Database
- Managing files throughout the transaction in accordance with CQS procedures
- Client liaison when necessary via face to face, email and telephone communication
- Obtaining searches and replies to property questionnaires
- Locating title deeds, Land Registry title and plans
- Using Case Management Systems, Land Registry Portal, SDLT and other computer packages when suitable
- Registration of title and dispatch of deeds to lender and client
Skills & Experience;
- Recent experience within a Legal Secretarial role.
- An understanding of Conveyancing and the process in filing in legal forms and knowing the procedures that are necessary.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Word, including Track Changes.
- Superb telephone manner.
- Good attention to detail and able to prioritise
- Able to use Case Management systems ideally OMS
Please be aware this role will be Monday through to Friday 1pm - 5.15pm.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.