Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
about 1 month ago
Paraplanner, based in Surrey, competitive salary and benefits package
To assist in the provision of financial plans and advice to prospective and existing private clients within internal/regulatory standards.
* To draft financial planning reports in order to meet and/or exceed agreed activity targets.
* To develop and maintain the appropriate technical and market awareness knowledge in order to assist the Private Client Financial Planner in providing effective advice.
* To ensure that the CPD requirements, as defined in the T&C handbook are maintained and logged as appropriate.
* To negotiate and agree (in conjunction with the Financial Planner/ Head of Research) the placement of contracts with appropriate terms on behalf of clients.
* To ensure correct compilation and completion of all new applications and/or schemes in accordance with internal/ regulatory standards by effective communication, workflow management and record-keeping/ database management.
* To record/ maintain information on Intelligent Office in order to allow work to be logged, tracked and internal records/ management information to be kept up-to-date.
* To file and/or store records and files in accordance with internal standards so they can be accessed and/ or retrieved in an efficient manner.
* To understand and be able to apply internal and/or regulatory standards as specified in procedural manuals and handbooks.
* To develop/ maintain report writing and communication skills to enable effective communications with the client.
* To undertake work of a project based nature when required to do so.
* Experience of working in Financial Services in a financial planning, research or technical capacity.
* Diploma qualified (and ideally on way to becoming Chartered)
* Good listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
* Evidence of technical competence.
* Appropriate appearance for a 'Professional' office.
* Adaptable to changing demands and priorities.
* IT skills including use of laptop/ desktop computing, Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and database (CRM) management and preferably Intelligent Office.
* Seeks opportunities to develop own skills.
* Demonstrates commitment to own development.
* Able to prioritise workload.
* Able to work to deadlines.