Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Paraplanner, based in Surrey, competitive salary and benefits package
To assist in the provision of financial plans and advice to prospective and existing private clients within internal/regulatory standards.
* To draft financial planning reports in order to meet and/or exceed agreed activity targets.
* To develop and maintain the appropriate technical and market awareness knowledge in order to assist the Private Client Financial Planner in providing effective advice.
* To ensure that the CPD requirements, as defined in the T&C handbook are maintained and logged as appropriate.
* To negotiate and agree (in conjunction with the Financial Planner/ Head of Research) the placement of contracts with appropriate terms on behalf of clients.
* To ensure correct compilation and completion of all new applications and/or schemes in accordance with internal/ regulatory standards by effective communication, workflow management and record-keeping/ database management.
* To record/ maintain information on Intelligent Office in order to allow work to be logged, tracked and internal records/ management information to be kept up-to-date.
* To file and/or store records and files in accordance with internal standards so they can be accessed and/ or retrieved in an efficient manner.
* To understand and be able to apply internal and/or regulatory standards as specified in procedural manuals and handbooks.
* To develop/ maintain report writing and communication skills to enable effective communications with the client.
* To undertake work of a project based nature when required to do so.
* Experience of working in Financial Services in a financial planning, research or technical capacity.
* Diploma qualified (and ideally on way to becoming Chartered)
* Good listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
* Evidence of technical competence.
* Appropriate appearance for a 'Professional' office.
* Adaptable to changing demands and priorities.
* IT skills including use of laptop/ desktop computing, Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and database (CRM) management and preferably Intelligent Office.
* Seeks opportunities to develop own skills.
* Demonstrates commitment to own development.
* Able to prioritise workload.
* Able to work to deadlines.