An analytical Paraplanner is required to join a successful company in Edinburgh. Earning a competitive salary of £35,000 to £45,000, this role could be your ideal next career move if you're talented, ambitious and collaborative.
The Paraplanner role:
As a dedicated financial services Paraplanner based in Edinburgh, you'll bring excellent planning and organisation skills to this full-time job, alongside the ability to analyse and document client needs promptly. Previous experience of working as a Financial Paraplanner/Technical Support or similar within an IFA environment is essential. The role pays up to £45,000 to the right candidate.
Some of your Paraplanner duties include:
● Drafting reports and letters.
● Carrying out tax calculations, e.g. calculating capital gains tax, chargeable gains on life policies, potential inheritance tax liabilities etc.
● Providing technical support to other members of the team.
● Taking responsibility for your performance and identifying personal development areas.
You will need to be a confident and engaging communicator, able to develop a good rapport with advisers. You will also need an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages and should come to the role of a team player full of enthusiasm to learn and with a desire to live and breathe the job.
● Strong proven report-writing skills - ability to explain complex matters in client-friendly language.
● Qualified at least to diploma level.
● Ability to perform tax calculations.
● Good knowledge of financial services products.
● Awareness and understanding of cashflow software, ideally with experience at building financial plans.
If this Paraplanner role in Edinburgh matches your experience and ambitions, contact us today to find out more. All interviews and opportunities to meet the team will be conducted remotely due to COVID-19 regulations to ensure your health and safety which, is of primary importance to Search Consultancy and the clients we represent.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.