Paraplanner, London, £50k + benefits
An award winning, independent Chartered Financial Planning firm providing tailored, impartial advice and wealth management to a varied client bank including private wealth individuals, entrepreneurs, family business owners and trustees.
As a Paraplanner you will be working as part of a cohesive and dynamic team based in our London office. Working as a Senior Paraplanner, you will provide full paraplanning support to a team of financial planners, including technical research, analysis and report writing across the range of financial planning solutions. As part of the role you will also be responsible for overseeing the workflow of client reports within the London paraplanning team and providing training and support to the less experienced paraplanners and Financial Planning Graduate Trainees.
* Develop financial planning strategies in line with the client's needs, goals and objectives, as agreed with the financial planner.
* Draft client-centric financial planning reports in order to meet and/or exceed agreed activity targets and regulatory/compliance standards.
* A range of other tasks including cash flow modelling, tax calculations, liaising with product providers.
* Record/maintain case information on Intelligent Office in order to allow work to be logged, tracked and internal records/management information to be kept up to date.
* Keep up to date with all relevant product, legislative or technical changes pertinent to the role and ensure CPD requirements are maintained and logged as appropriate.
* Provide on-the-job training and support to the less experienced paraplanners and Financial Planning Graduate Trainees in the London team.
* The role will be suitable to someone who has a background in Paraplanning.
* You will be at least level 4 Diploma qualified, ideally Chartered Status (or else working towards this) with evidence of technical competence. Any targets to progress beyond this will be fully supported by the company.
* Critical to the role are a high level of literacy and numeracy, both written and verbal.
* A 'solution' mindset and adaptable to changing demands and priorities.
* You will demonstrate commitment to your own development and seek opportunities to continuously improve your skills, experience and qualifications.
* You will be happy to accept challenge and work independently.
* IT skills including Microsoft Office (or equivalent), database (CRM) management (Intelligent Office desirable) and Cashflow modelling (desirable).
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.