Paraplanner, Stevenage, £40k + excellent benefits package
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a leading and very highly regarded Hertfordshire based Wealth Management business, who provide Investment Advice, Pension and Protection Planning to both Private and Corporate clients.
As well as the comprehensive Financial Planning service available, this business also offer a discretionary investment management service to their clients.
You would be joining a very experienced and highly qualified Financial Planning team, who put the client at the heart of everything that they do.
Main Purpose of Job:
Seeking to recruit an experienced Paraplanner to be based primarily in the Hertfordshire head office, and the successful candidate will assist a Director Level Chartered Financial Planner (and other advisers, when required). This is a challenging role where the company will provide the successful candidate with the required training to further their career. We are seeking a long-term commitment from an individual who will hopefully grow and develop in the role.
* Solid generalist experience within the Professional or Financial Services sector
* A good working knowledge of appropriate systems e.g. Intelliflo, (database), Exchange would be desirable, although training will be given.
* Numerate and familiar with operating and creating spreadsheets
* Comfortable preparing detailed letters and comprehensive reports using meeting notes and summaries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Preparation of reports for clients on financial planning matters
* Obtaining quotations and other relevant literature to accompany client reports
* Preparation of packs for meetings with clients including investment valuations
* Maintain annual Client review process by reviewing portfolios and writing review letters and updating systems. Liaising with Admin/Support to arrange Client review meetings where applicable
* Liaising directly with clients as the "assistant to the adviser". This will include a variety of queries in connection with the client's financial affairs. It will be important that the candidate obtains detailed knowledge on all clients for whom he/she is working to carry out these tasks.
* Preparing New Business checklists to pass to the Administration Department after checking Applications, anti-money laundering documents and illustrations before the business is placed for clients. Update new Client Progress & Compliance and Monitoring sheet.
* Attend client meetings, when required, with and contribute to such meetings
* Undertake research as required for specific projects
* Learning and using all applications required for the job including:
- Financial Express Analytics, Exchange
- Adviser Office/Activity Manager
- Cofunds, OMW and Funds Network
- O & M
Technical Knowledge and Qualifications:
The successful candidate should be comfortable and understand the structure of equity, pension and life products and be willing to learn and understand more complex financial products.
Technical knowledge is a pre-requisite. The candidate should have attained the Certificate in Financial Planning and aiming to acquire the Diploma in Financial Planning.
Qualifications in this area will be an advantage but not as important as the attributes listed below as training and development are provided and encouraged. A good academic track record is also a distinct advantage.
Key Skills and Personal Attributes:
* Positive, friendly service orientated person with a 'can do' attitude
* Strong communication skills
* Honesty, integrity and ability to maintain good working relationships are key attributes
* Hard working and responsive to the need to deliver a high quality of service
* Attention to detail
* Capable of working independently and the ability to manage own workload
* Able to work under pressure to meet specific time deadlines
* Articulate, well presented and comfortable dealing with a wide range of individuals including clients and other professionals, maintaining at all times the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
* Prepared to learn and to invest time to maximise their own potential
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.