Paralegal - Commercial Property Team
Location: York City Centre
Salary: Circa £19,000 DOE
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Paralegal who is a Law Graduate looking to work for one of our client an award winning law firm based in York City Centre.
You will be expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative with a proven ability to provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Legal Advisers and team to ensure achievement of business objectives and assist in the provision of an efficient, personal and professional service at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supporting Legal Advisers within the team in both individual transactions and as part of wider project teams
* Dealing with work that has been delegated by a Legal Adviser to you using the Case Management System (Proclaim)
* Prepare all client correspondence
* To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
* To achieve agreed levels of time-recording (as appropriate) such other tasks as may be required from time to time
* To ensure compliance with money laundering regulations
* To act with confident/positive judgement, integrity and honesty at all times in the client's best interests
* To seek awareness of applicable law, solutions and remedies funding and compliances
* Comply with internal procedures and systems of the firm including file and case management, file audits, client due diligence and time recording
* Preparing correspondence and documents through audio and copy typing, ensuring that such correspondence and documents are checked for errors before passing to Legal Adviser
* To provide support and guidance to the secretaries as required and at all times work as a team player
* To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide assistance in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care
* To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information
* To be responsible for the opening of files on firm's case management system and their day to day maintenance in accordance with the department's Risk Management procedures
* To carry out copy typing of documents, amending and formatting complex documents e.g. leases and dealing with tracked changes and use of package precedent documents/documents
* To prepare invoices and complete accounts documentation as and when directed by the Legal Adviser
* To prepare completion statements and assist with billing
* To use Companies House Direct to carry out searches and property searches using agents
* To use the Land Registry Portal for downloading official copies, copy documents and plans and relevant registrations and saving to matter number, and carrying out priority and Land Charges searches.
* Preparation and submission of SDLT forms online
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Department
* Educated to GCSEs level - Essential
* Law Degree or similar experience - Essential
* Working knowledge of IT systems: MS Word and Outlook, digital dictation and CMS - Essential
* Knowledge of Proclaim - Desirable
* Excellent client service skills, with a calm and supportive nature which is sympathetic to client needs - Essential
* Ability to work to tight timescales and under pressure and with attention to detail - Essential
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both face to face and over the phone - Essential
* Ability to work with initiative and minimum supervision - Essential
* Experience in audio and copy typing - Essential
* Experience and competence in obtaining accurate messages from clients over the phone - Essential
* Integrity to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately - Essential
* 'Can Do', flexible approach and team player - Essential
* Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment - Essential
For more details please contact Sally Henderson at the Search Consultancy Leeds office on 0113 308 8064 or email email@example.com.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.