Packing Technician Specification
A Packing Technician is expected to deliver the Packing plan for their line, delivering and maintaining the highest levels of service and standards against the SQCDME Key Performance Indicator's through DaMaWay (an internal process and structure) tools and techniques.
Key areas of accountability & responsibility
· Operation of production equipment in adherence to Company safety policy, rules and procedures, working within WISE (Working In a Safe Environment) framework, ensuring Safe Behaviour at all times
· Identify and report health or safety hazards & dangerous situations and put appropriate control measures in place, raising safety contacts where unsafe acts or practices are identified.
· Carry out risk assessment as appropriate
· Coordinate audits for good housekeeping/5S and complete follow-up actions / proactive approach to 'Clean as you go'
· Operation of production equipment, in compliance with GMP and HACCP guidelines and procedures.
· Ensure full adherence to quality procedures such as Critical Control Points, processes and standards in line with Quality Management System (QMS) & Danone Quality Food Standards
· To perform and record in-process checks to verify that all products produced meet product standards, maintain a clean workstation by employing a clean and you go mentality and maintain the highest standard of right first time.
· Responsible for maximizing production quality and output in their area
· Perform product visual quality checks
· Fully accountable for completion of documentation standards (inputs / scanning into MES system)
· Ensure the manufacture of product to specification at right time & cost ensuring Right First Time approach.
· Responsible for ensuring the maximized output is achieved in area, through performing AM checks, employing SMED principles, 5S and prioritising workload
· Responsible for driving direct and indirect KPI's
· Anticipate problems in order to avoid impact to customer service.
· Proactive and flexible approach to routine Continuous Improvement though delivery of Kaizans and employing the "100 year fix" approach
· Pro-actively problem solve
· Responsible for the output in their area
· Drive hygiene standards and to comply with the business procedures for waste disposal
Functional competencies and previous experience:
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.