Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£26000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
Your future employer is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Packaging Technician / Engineer to join and thrive in their innovative brewery. The ideal candidate will be someone who values clear progression, contemporary ideas and improvements, and has a great understanding of the drink/FMCG manufacturing industry. They are offering a company pension scheme, opportunities for progression, 28 days holidays and a competitive salary circa £30,000, given the nature of this position, we are offering this strong salary for this role.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the packaging team and will be reporting directly to the Packaging Manager. Given the business style, engineering or technician experience in a drink/beverage environment is essential.
The expected duties and ideal experience for the successful candidate are as follows:
Duties of Packaging Technician / Engineer include:
* Operate packing machinery and solve issues to improve their overall performance
* Carry out maintenance tasks when necessary
* Carry out stock takes and manage stock levels
* Moving pallets and stock items with a stacker, pallet truck or a forklift
* Create and update controlled documents (e.g. SOPs and OPLs)
* Create and update records to analyse the performance of departments, and comply with accreditation standards
* Ensure the product is efficiently packed
* Ensure the products are quality checked and the procedures are being carried out (e.g. can seam integrity, total packaged oxygen, measures and weights)
* Setup the packaging machinery and product lines for production and CIP, and carry out these processes
* Assist the production planning department in creating a packaging plan, and adjust the plan in accordance to changing demands and situations
* Ensuring a high standard of hygiene is maintained in the workspace
* Carry out visits to other companies, such as suppliers and other production facilities, to improve processes
* Carry out and lead projects to improve the departments performance
Skills and experienced required/desired for the role:
* A minimum of 2 years experience in a drinks/beverage packing environment, with machine operation, maintenance and troubleshooting experience
* Attention to detail and a technical aptitude
* Excellent record keeping, analytical and reporting abilities
* A key understanding of packing operations and connecting processes, such as CIP, Quality, Maintenance, etc.
* Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
* Willingness to work on a shift rota, and across multiple sites
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who is looking for a company to truly invest in, develop and progress themselves, and help the company grow. Given the industry, experience in drink or FMCG is essential, as is a relevant qualification or apprenticeship.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.