One of Liverpool's largest specialist hospitals is looking to recruit a PA to support some of its leading consultants.
They are looking for an experienced medical secretary/PA to join their hospital on a full time basis for a minimum of 4 months - you will need to be experienced within the NHS and a highly efficient professional.
This is a 360 role where you will be ensuring the consultant's diaries run smoothly. Your daily tasks will include answering telephone queries within a timely and effective manner, typing letters from consultants or medical professionals and liaising with patients. You will also be managing patient waiting lists and arranging meetings (including taking minutes where appropriate).
- Min typing proficiency of 45 words per minute
- Audio typing
- Strong administration experience and in Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- High standard of work presentation
- Excellent communication skills
- A polite professional telephone manner
- Previous experience working in a similar position with the NHS (preferred but not essential)
- To be responsible for all relevant consultant's practices
- To be responsible for all aspects of organisation relating to Consultants
- To manage consultant's diaries and appointments
- To be responsible for the booking of Consulting Rooms for sessional consultant users in consultation with the Bookings Department
- To be responsible for compilation of clinic and Op lists
- To monitor and manage patient waiting lists
- To ensure the Bookings Department are kept informed of all issues relating to the consultant bookings
- Arrange meetings and prepare minutes
- Maintain and file accurate records
- Prioritise work to ensure deadlines are met
- To arrange cover within the department if needed
- Use hospital computer system to register / obtain client information
To provide Admin cover for the Unit Administrator in case of absence
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday
This job will be based at Band 4 on the NHS pay scale
If you are interested in this job, please apply via the link below.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age