Outreach Support Worker
£10.58 per hour
We are looking to recruit an Outreach Support Worker on a temporary basis. Working pattern is full time hours (37.5 hours per week).
We are seeking a motivated, flexible, and resilient Outreach Support Worker.
The Outreach Support Worker will work within the special guardianship support team for a two month period. This post has been created in recognition of the impact on guardianship households of the restrictions associated with COVID-19 pandemic.
Responsibilities of the role:
* To provide practical and emotional parenting advice / strategies to help special guardians to support the children in their care
* To provide opportunity for Guardians to reflect and think about their parenting styles and try to adapt or enhance their skills to develop a wider toolkit of skills and strategies
* To support Guardians at times of need / crisis / stressful situations to manage children's difficulties in responsive and attuned ways
* To support children and young people to have some time away from the home (where possible, in accordance with current restrictions)
* To give children and young people a voice and to listen to their concerns / worries / anxieties and support them to understand them and find new ways to cope, repair and resolve some of their difficulties.
* To support with transitions to school and ensuring children's emotional needs are considered as part of further planning
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please call email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on: 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age