Excellent opportunity for an Organics Lab manager!
This is a permanent opportunity paying up to £40,000 per annum with added benefits.
Search Scientific consultancy is a recruitment partner to an international Environmental testing laboratory based close to Chester and Wrexham. In this role you will be managing a large team who are responsible for analysing volatile organic compounds using GC-MS and related techniques.
* Efficiently organise and manage the team to ensure that all samples are analysed to a high standard within strict time limits
* Provide technical support to the volatile organic compounds team
* Developing and contributing towards operational efficiency.
* Optimising service delivery, in line with service line agreements and key performance indicators.
* Carrying out analysis as required and maintains a high level of technical competence.
* Maintaining the quality system in line with ISO 17025.
* Ensure that all staff are properly trained to perform the tasks given to them and empowered with additional training and relevant progression opportunities
* Degree in Science discipline
* Excellent experience in using GC-MS
* Understanding of ISO 17025, UKAS, audit procedures and methods.
* Excellent understanding wet chemistry techniques and experience in working within a UKAS accredited laboratory
* Previous experience in team management
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.