I am currently partnering with a National Distributor, who are looking for an experienced Operations Supervisor to support the Contracts Manager in the running of the depot.
Hours: 45 per week, Mon-Fri
Salary Negotiable based upon experience
- Be the first point of call for all transport queries.
- Deal with the day to day staff issues.
- Plan/prioritise the daily workload.
- Maintain a safe working environment which complies with all aspects of the company H&S policies.
- Ensure all daily H&S tasks are completed.
- Complete and review risk assessments. ( training dependant )
- Investigate all accidents/incidents and ensure corrective actions are carried out.
- Maintain good working practices.
- Maintain full audit compliance
- Ensure all equipment is correctly maintained, and complies with the company/legal processes
- Update all staff with new processes/procedures.
- Provide correct information for customer requests
- Possess the ability to analyse complex data and make logical decisions
- Ensure all WMS/Voice/TMS systems are all up to date and utilised fully.
- Monitor performance on an individual basis and report accordingly
- Ensure all tasks are carried out to the highest level of accuracy.
- Working towards set KPIs, each dependent on the activity currently undertaken. E.G Pieces processed per hour.
- Support Contract Manager with higher level queries and cover annual leave/days out of the business. E.g. WPE, HR tasks etc.
- Support Contract Manager with depot management.
- Investigate customer claims.
- Assist with Investigations/Disciplinary process.
The ideal candidate:
- Report writing on Customer Service activity and proposed recommendations on how improvements could be made for the benefit of the company and its customers.
- Familiar with reporting P&L (Desirable).
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.