I am currently partnering an established forward thinking and progressive transport company based in the North West to recruit a new Transport Operations Manager.
To apply for this role it is essential you will have a Transport Manager CPC that covers National and International.
As well as a competitive salary this role offers the option of a company vehicle or allowance to supplement the package.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with previous responsibility in making decisions within a transport office relating to the day to day operation, continues improvement opportunities and identifying non compliance.
You will have a passion for people management and creating a positive atmosphere within the transport office whilst always looking to deliver top class customer service.
- You will be responsible for the compliance of drivers and vehicles ensuring drivers hours regulations are met and compliant as well as making sure all vehicles are scheduled for servicing and MOT's
- Overall you will be responsible for 44 vehicles picking up goods and delivering around the whole of the UK
- Attending management meetings to give updates on the operation and any project work
- Ensuring health and safety standards at met on site at all times
- Maintaining and updating transport systems effectively
- Managing tachograph compliance
- Completing any risk assessments on site
- Following up on any vehicle defects in a timely manners
- Co-ordinate staff to cover any holidays and absences
- Ensuring payroll is up to date at all times
- Leasing with multiple departments and sites
- Ensuring GDPR regulations are met within the transport office at all times
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.