Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: from £32,000 (dependent on experience)
Job Type: Full-time
The Operations Manager will be required to work 5 days a week from approximately 8am - 6pm with up to an hour break each day. This will include one weekend day a week (and bank holidays). 28 days paid holiday.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Farm Park Operations Manager to join the management team.
You will be responsible for the successful daily operation. The role will include; specific duty management responsibility 2-3 days a week, managing and developing the team (up to 30 people in peak times), managing recruitment and human resources, monitoring and developing overall visitor experience and ensuring all Health and Safety procedures and practices are followed.
You will work in a professional visitor facing role and will be expected to maintain and promote high standards of personal conduct and presentation.
The successful applicant will need considerable previous management experience, preferably gained in a customer facing environment. You should have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be able to deal with situations in calm, professional and customer focused manner. This is a physically demanding fast passed role, requiring you to monitor all aspects of activities across the farm park during operational hours to ensure customer satisfaction, safety and good staff morale.
You will need to be a great team player and leader with the ability to juggle multiple tasks in an orderly and focused way. You must be highly organised, show initiative and work well under pressure. Importantly, applicants will need to be enthusiastic, self-motivated, conscientious and flexible.
* To maintain a high quality, safe and well-run attraction delivering an exceptional customer experience.
* To manage the daily operations ensuring staff have clearly defined roles, responsibilities and objectives with measurable performance systems in place.
* To lead and motivate the team, ensuring efficiency and excellent productivity.
* Conduct high quality management handover processes ensuring timely feedback on visitor, operational and staffing matters.
* To manage HR matters including recruitment and induction, staff appraisals and performance, disciplinary and grievance procedures in addition to any day to day staff issues.
* To manage and deliver the training programme alongside the Manager.
* To oversee and maintain all Health and Safety documentation ensuring all are reviewed on an annual basis and amended in line with current legislation and the evolution of the task.
* To conduct testing of emergency procedures, oversee crisis and incident management, carry out regular site inspections and generate reports and manage the site compliance schedule.
* To ensure cleaning and maintenance priorities are communicated and delivered accordingly.
* To deliver projects and seasonal events alongside the management team.
* To report to the 'hands-on' Directors.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.