Are you an experienced Office Manager based in Leicester? Have you been involved in the facilities management and H&S within your career? If so, this could be the role for you!
My client is a top Leicester employer with fantastic offices and a great company culture and they are looking to recruit an experienced Office Manager to join them in October for a period of 8 months.
The main purpose of this role is to lead facilities and services for all departments, to manage the reception staff and to provide excellent customer service to the business when undertaking the day to day facilities requests and ensuring the building is maintained to a high standard.
Key duties include:
* To ensure efficient and effective management of security within the building.
* To ensure that reception is providing a quality service to visitors, contractors and colleagues at all times. That stationery, catering & meeting room supplies are kept up to date and kitchens stocked, that post is managed timely and effectively and that the Reception and Facilities in-boxes are managed well.
* To successfully manage Receptionist as part of facilities team, ensuring that services are run / provided in an effective, efficient manner.
* To ensure that office interiors and surrounds are kept in good repair & maintained to high standard in keeping with company's / landlord's requirements - create & use periodic checklists to check state of repair and engage relevant contractors to carry out works according to requirements and budget.
* To manage contracts with and contract renewals for all services provided by 3rd parties including but not limited to Cleaning contractors, M&E, Audio/Visual, Security, Vending & Car Leasing.
* To be responsible for managing all maintenance contractors and 3rd parties providing any facilities services on the premises ensuring that they provide relevant RAMS and adhering to site H&S requirements.
* To keep maintenance records demonstrating that equipment is maintained to achieve technical, statutory & H&S compliance standards.
* To plan preventative maintenance for any and all equipment
* To liaise with Landlord / Building Management regarding anything that affects offices and surrounding area, reporting any faults following up to ensure they carry out any works required by them to be carried out as part of lease agreement.
Risk, Governance & Compliance
* Be responsible for all aspects of ensuring compliance with current H&S legislation by:
-Negotiating contract and level of service with H&S consultants according to business needs
-Recruiting for and providing H&S training to staff as and when required to do so
-Carry out, update and publish Risk Assessments for all staff to see
-To conduct visual audits and periodic checks and maintain corresponding records as required in order to comply with statutory obligations and to take corrective actions where necessary including preventative maintenance plane, modified designs and replacement proposals.
-Deliver H&S inductions to all new starters and document, ensuring they're aware of all the relevant processes and information
-Liaise with building management to conduct regular fire alarm tests / fire drill evacuations, communicating 'lessons learned' afterwards and conducting de-brief for Fire Marshals
-Ensuring Fire safety equipment is present, maintained and tested to ensure full working order, keeping records accordingly
* Ensure business is fully compliant with any requests by government agencies or other relevant bodies for information they are required to provide
* Facilitate annual insurance renewals, liaising with broker and ensuring any relevant information is gathered and delivered in a timely manner
* Manage company car fleet effectively & efficiently using external suppliers and in accordance with the agreed company policy. Maintain appropriate records for insurance and health & safety reasons. Maintain insurance schedule ensuring that it is kept up to date and that all cars on the road are appropriately insured. Conduct annual driving licence checks. To keep records of monthly car checks ensuring any damage is reported and rectified.
* To liaise with legal dept. in order to effectively negotiate contracts ensuring that they meet standards and are cost effective.
* To provide input into quarterly / annual budget planning for facilities ensuring that all departmental costs are maintained within agreed budget.
* To manage and implement all office refurbishments, projects and office moves as required causing minimal disturbance to staff and business operations and are delivered to the agreed programme schedules.
* Support recycling and other company environmental compliance initiatives.
If you're interested in this role and would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me using the details on this advert.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.