Job Type: Permanent/ Full Time
Location: Edenbridge - Permanent
Salary: £18,033 per annum + benefits increasing after probation
Nursery Room Leader
This lovely day nursery requires a Nursery room leader to help manage and deliver nursery care to its children
This is a really lovely place to work with purpose built modern facilities, a friendly supportive team and a strong reputation.There are opportunities for career development overtime and many of the current staff have worked their way progressively through the company.
The ideal candidate will have NVQ level 3 in childcare or above with 2 years experience in a similar role or in a senior role with children.
Based in a beautiful rural location the role is worked on 10 hours per day over a 4 day pattern. Due to the rural location public transport access is limited.
* 22 days holiday
* Pension Scheme.
* 65% discount on meals
* Staff discount for Nursery Fees
The job responsibilities include:
* Working in partnership with and supporting the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager/ Deputy Nursery Room Leader to ensure the daily running and administration of the nursery, adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the company and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted/ CSIW and the National Standards. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
* Occasional cover for Nursery Manager and/ or Deputy Nursery Manager/ other Room Leaders.
* Supervising Nursery Nurses and Students and carrying out supervisory meetings where appropriate under the guidance of the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager/ Nursery Team Leader.
* Assisting with the planning of activities in a designated area of the nursery.
* Liaising with the Deputy Nursery Manager/ Deputy Nursery Room Leader Nurse in organising relevant staff, effective mentoring of junior staff, effective delegation and communication and promoting positive attitudes regarding the company.
* Attending regular meetings with the Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Manager, and participating in staff meetings.
* Assisting with staff inductions and helping new staff to fit into the nursery.
* Addressing staff and parent queries.
* The Nursery Room Leader must at all times ensure that only designated staff administers medication as recorded in the risk assessments.
* Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
* Assisting the Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Room Leader, participating in arranging regular parents' evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings and ensuring effective marketing.
The ideal candidate will have NVQ level 3 in childcare with 1 years experience in a similar role.
If you're looking to join a lovely team who really passionate about what they do and work with amazing children, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Heidi on 01293 848170
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.