Our chosen business partner is currently experiencing a steady period of growth and is looking to add to their engineering department. They are a specialist manufacturer of precision engineered components and assemblies requiring the tightest dimensional tolerances for a range of demanding automotive and specialist engineering applications.
Reporting to the Advanced Engineering Manager, the primary responsibilities for the role are the management of projects and introduction of new products on time and to budget.
* Programme and operation of CNC turning, and grinding machinery.
* Capex creation, completion and presentation to the directors as required.
* Liaise with development line engineer to ensure samples are manufactured on time and to the required quality standards.
* Design using AutoCAD, oversee or outsource design of tooling and gauging.
* Create and maintain project / production plans from customer order to production handover.
* Providing assistance to operations if required and approved by the Advanced Engineering Manager.
* Training and development of graduate engineers.
* Set up and lead APQP teams for NPI involving all necessary departments.
* Design the production process to meet the customer specification incorporating SMED and Poke Yoke devices as appropriate.
* Creation of stage / process drawings using AutoCAD and also checking / approving stage / process drawings.
* Define the capital, tooling, gauging and product cost.
* Co-ordinate machine trials and confirm process capability.
* Process customer and internal ECN's for new products that have not been passed over to operations.
* Ensure that toolcards, standard operating procedures, setting instructions, etc are created for new products.
* Minimum of an Engineering HNC/HND or time served engineer.
* Fully conversant with AIAG core tools like APQP, FMEA and PPAP methodologies.
* Fully conversant with AutoCAD.
* A sound understanding of metal cutting machinery and manufacturing techniques.
* Free to travel often at short notice both domestically and internationally.
* A thorough understanding of the requirements of the automotive industry.
* Self disciplined, able to work under pressure to tight time lines.
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Innovative, visionary, willing to push the technical boundaries.
* Technically competent and a good project planner / co-ordinator.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.