My client, a global manufacturing company based in Runcorn, is looking to recruit a Formulation Scientist to join their NPD department. This is an exciting opportunity where you will be evaluating new formulations and raw materials relating to solid dose formulations such as tablets and hard shell capsules.
Key responsibilities of the Formulation Scientist are:
* Carry out small scale laboratory work preparing samples for customer/production approval, assessing their suitability for large scale manufacture. This may be both for new developments and for issues on existing formulations from production.
* Evaluate and approve new raw materials ensuring they are suitable for use in production and meet current legislation.
* Ensure that the laboratory is compliant with BRC/MHRA required standards including laboratory equipment.
* Assist in the planning and scheduling of departmental tasks, organised on a weekly basis.
* Assist other departments (E.g. Production, Packaging, Sales) with technical help, support and problem solving.
* To prepare documentation for customers, bulk and packing process sheets and bills of materials as required.
The ideal candidate for the Formulation Scientist role will have:
* An honours degree in Chemistry
* Previous formulation lab experience in industry, preferably GMP regulated however experience from an FMCG environment will also be considered
Applications are invited from anyone experienced with a relevant background in a formulation or NPD environment along with a good chemistry or pharmaceuticals based degree.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.