Purpose of the Job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Research Scientist to join a growing pharmaceutical company in Aberdeen, Scotland.
The successful candidate will provide scientific expertise in assay development for drug discovery for the proprietary platform, identifying and characterizing candidate LPBs for different therapeutic areas. This is mainly focused on defining suitable properties of LBPs in targeting the gut-brain axis in central nervous system diseases using appropriate in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo readouts.
Experience / Qualifications Required
- A PhD with relevant post-doctoral or industry experience in neuroscience or a related discipline
- Strong knowledge in and practical experience with primary and immortalized cell cultures of glial and neuronal origin.
- Experience with neuro-inflammation and neurodegeneration in vitro
- Experience with preclinical in vivo models of neuroinflammation and neurodegeneration
- Expertise in using neuronal and/or microglial cell assays for screening purposes, and the ability to translate these skills into robust and reliable data
- Experience with preclinical in vivo models of neuroinflammation and neurodegeneration.
- Expertise in neuroanatomy - neuronal tissue processing for brain imaging, (confocal) microscopy, histopathological analysis
- Proven ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team and contribute in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to thoroughly document and effectively present scientific data
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive renumeration package.
Vacancy Opening Date: 23 December 2019
Closing Date: 22 January 2020
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.