Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Your future employer is offering a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Multi-Skilled Engineer to join and thrive in their welcoming environment on a predominantly Monday to Friday shift. The ideal candidate will be someone who values clear progression, innovative ideas and improvements, and has a great understanding of the food industry and food manufacturing. They are offering a company pension scheme, opportunities for progression , 28 days holidays and flexible working days and hours. Given the nature of this position, we are offering a strong salary for this role.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the engineering and operations teams and will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager. Given the business style, electrical and mechanical engineering experience in an FMCG, Food or Beverage environment is essential.
The expected duties and ideal experience for the successful candidate are as follows:
* Making sure all tasks are carried out in the most effective way possible, ideally avoiding breakdowns and utilising the PPM system.
* Responsibility for the running of all plant and equipment on site, which includes building maintenance
* Being computer literate to enable the running of the PPM software as well as Microsoft applications used across the business
* Managing engineering spares stock control
* Responsibility for the maintenance budget
* To have knowledge of health and safety regulations and to ensure awareness of all safety procedures
* Be a member of HACCP (If necessary, training will be provided)* To react effectively during machinery breakdowns
* To keep all logs of inspection reports and remedial work
* Working with the department operations to sign off on new equipment
* Holds relevant qualifications - time served apprenticeship, HND, etc.
* Holds electrical qualifications and 17th/18th edition.
* Mechanical skills and basic plumbing skills
* Flexibility over working hours (may be required to work evenings and weekends to ensure work is co-ordinated / completed)
* Must be able to perform manual tasks, including; manual handling, working in confined spaces and at heights
* Confidence working with 3 phase power
* Must have good communication skills (both written and verbal)
Health and Safety responsibilities:
* Report any faults, issues or required training to your line manager
* Report any deficiencies in systems of work/equipment provided that could result in failure of service, risk to health and safety or the environment
* Encourage and follow company policies and procedures
* Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who is looking for a company to truly invest in, develop and progress themselves, and help the company grow. Given the industry, experience in food or drink is essential, and a relevant qualification or apprenticeship is essential.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.