Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Our chosen business partner is an established market leader in smart heating innovations. Their extensive portfolio, which compromises of multiple brands, has allowed the business to firmly cement its place as a trusted heating solutions provider within the UK.
The successful applicant will provide cover on double day shifts (typically 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm mon to fri) and have responsibility for various duties including planned maintenance routines, fault finding and corrective activities on a wide variety of automated industrial plant and process equipment including foundry process, CNC machinery, metal forming/press tool machinery, assembly plant, powder coating paint plant etc.
Reporting to the Maintenance manager/supervisors, the ideal applicant should possess the following attributes or work experience:
* Time served apprenticeship in a relevant discipline.
* Qualified to ONC level or equivalent in a relevant mechanical discipline.
* A minimum of 5 years relevant mechanical fitting experience in an industrial maintenance engineering environment.
* Able to read and follow mechanical drawings.
* Competent with bench and machine fitting.
* A proven working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
* Basic welding competence (preferable but not essential).
* Competent with lifting/slinging.
* FLT driving license/experience (preferable but not essential).
* IPAF license to drive MEWP's i.e. scissor/boom lifts (preferable but not essential).
* Capable of working unsupervised when required - alone or as part of the team.
* Flexible to all aspects of maintenance with an appreciation of electrical control systems to enable basic electrical isolation/repair assistance (preferable but not essential).
* PC literate.
* Current driving license.
As reward for this demanding role you will receive a competitive basic salary, contributory Pension scheme with double contribution match, 25 Days holiday plus stats, workwear, friends and family scheme, income protection, health cash plan, mycar, gym scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Premier Apartments, tastecard, perkz, not to mention fantastic training and technical support. If you think you have what it takes then please apply via the link detailing your current salary and package details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.