Move on Support Worker - Homelessness
£11.54 per hour
Search Consultancy is currently recruiting for an Move on Support Workers on a temporary contract, on behalf of a Client. The role is working Full time hours - 9.00am - 4.30pm
Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
* Carry out prompt assessments of customers referred to the project for accommodation and provide a safe and supported environment for homeless people accepted into the service.
* Actively promote integration of the accommodation and its residents into the local and wider community.
* Supply high quality housing related support, advice and advocacy to all temporary accommodation residents in order to assist customers in accessing support relating to benefits; support agencies; education, employment, resettlement options and training.
* Provide intensive support for customers with complex support needs particularly customers who have exhibited anti social behaviour.
* Offer holistic support plans for residents and agree individual targets which work towards longer-term housing solutions and aspirations.
* Ensure the effective upkeep and smooth running of the temporary accommodation resource, including property repairs, licensing agreements, health and safety requirements and rent collections.
* Supply a comprehensive building management service including: preparation of flats for let; organising programmed and responsive repairs and maintenance; supervision of building services staff; management and ordering of furnishings and household equipment.
* Keep accurate, up-to-date records on all aspects of service provision including financial administration, following City Council systems and financial regulations.
* Organise and prioritise workload flexibly and efficiently in response to the needs of the team and its provision.
* Actively contribute to the planning, development and implementation of changes in working practice, new services or changes in service delivery.
* To contribute to the development of team policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures and contribution towards corporate goals.
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age