Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Leeds, West Yorkshire
about 2 months ago
Multi Skilled Engineer
FM & Building Services
£35,000 + Package
This role offers long term security with one of the key players in FM and as such will offer a highly competitive salary and an excellent benefit package.
I am currently recruiting for a Multi skilled Engineer to cover a range of sites in the North (based in Leeds)
Hours of Work: shift rota (0700 / 1000 - 1600 / 1900)
A flexible role to cover but not limited to maintenance and breakdown tasks. Work to be carried out as required to meet the business needs of the client. To ensure the technical systems across the DHSC & CQC Estate are fully maintained and the necessary service criteria is achieved, through PPM and Reactive tasks. Based in Blenheim House, Leeds, this role will be responsible for a number of buildings in the northern region, incorporating Leeds, Burnley, Birmingham and Newcastle among others.
* Provide general mechanical/ HVCA/Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant.
* Implement all mechanical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions, EMCOR and site specific procedures.
* Perform testing and inspecting of mechanical systems in accordance with industry standards.
* Provide accurate feedback and information including but not limited to completed test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing durations of maintenance activities and observations.
* Ensure that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
* Carry out remedial and/or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
* Respond to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls for the helpdesk and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required. * Assume the role of Competent Person (mechanical) as authorised by the Authorised Person Controller.
* Develop and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their causes and effects. * Carry out condition based monitoring surveys.
* Carry out minor new works installations and testing.
* Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
* Undertake defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
* Assist the mechanical Supervisor in providing information for technical and incident reports.
* Develop and retain a full knowledge of the operating characteristics of the site generation plant in order to provide monitoring attendance when running for emergency or test purposes.
* Provide holiday and sickness cover for shift colleagues.
* Perform other reasonable duties as agreed with EMCOR management.
- Leeds* The ideal candidate will have the relevant C&G, BTEC level 3, ONC/OND or NVQ level 3 in a mechanical discipline
* The candidate will be qualified and/or trained in other building service disciplines including HVAC and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a building service environment.
* The candidate will be articulate, numerate and IT literate.
* Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
* Being commercially aware puts the candidate at an advantage.
* Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
* The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
* Must be able to demonstrate a full and thorough understanding of operational health & safety.
* Have good decision-making and communications skills.
* Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels
I would be keen on speaking with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Please apply today or alternately contact Tom Lilley at Search
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.