Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Multi skilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £36,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer has become available with a leading fm provider in Sheffield. You will be a lead to a team of engineers / specialist sub-contractors.
You will be responsible for ensuring operatives and sub-contractors are compliant from a technical perspective from commencement to completion of works, providing support, assisting with the day to day running of the team, creating and hitting daily objectives, as well as being part of running small projects.
There may be some hands on works and a requirement for call out attendance on a rota basis.
There will be opportunity for you to progress your own skills within the role/company.
The role also requires you to ensure that all activities are in line with the companies health, safety and quality management procedures.
* Relationship management and interpersonal skills
* Communication, influencing and negotiating skills
* Policy development and implementation
* Project Small Works, planned and reactive maintenance Supervision and management.
* Multi-skilled - electrical bias - knowledge of fire alarms, emergency lighting, access control and nurse call system would be advantageous
* Report writing skills
* Problem solving and decision making
* Change management
* IT-literate with MS Office software packages
* Apprentice trained/NVQ 3 minimum
* Professional, self-motivated, positive approach
* Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels.
* Dynamic and creative, a team player who is able to work on own initiative
Qualified in one of the following:
* Level 3 Electrical Installation Apprentice trained or above. IET Wiring Regulations, Eighteenth Edition, BS 7671:2018 (Electrical Regulations)
* Electrical Inspection and Testing C&G 2391-52 or equivalent
Advantageous but not essential:
* Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Systems C&G 2396 or equivalent.
* NICEIC QS experience
* Qualification and/or working knowledge of:
* BS 5266 Emergency Lighting
* BS 5839 Fire Alarms
* Access control systems.
* Design Package familiarity with ability to undertake for small works e.g. single circuit cable calculation.
* AutocadLT or similar with ability to undertake for small works e.g. drawing amends, input for very small works.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.