I am working in partnership with a contract testing laboratory specialising in a variety of samples who are now looking for a Microbiology technician to join them on a contract basis.
As a Microbiology technician you will be responsible for providing analytical services to clients in the environmental and water sectors.
Your duties will include:
* Analysis of water and soil samples for a range of microbiological parameters (according to UKAS standards)
* Ensuring that each job is completed from initial order and processing through to producing the final report - all in timely manner
* Handling of routine customer service tasks including the communication of OOS reports
* Updating and maintaining work records, filing and sample storage
* Flexibly adhering to work schedules provided by supervisor
* Conforming to the Quality and H&S requirements
To become a successful Microbiology Technician you will need:
* Experience with working in a microbiology testing laboratory
* Experience in Faecal Analysis and Membrane Filtration is highly desirable
* The successful candidate will have demonstrated to have an interest in Microbiology and a sound understanding of its basic principles
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintaining a high quality of work even when adhering to strict deadlines
* Own transport and flexibility to adapt to early starts or weekend shifts
You will be working Monday to Friday between 07.00 and 17.00 (early starts on rotational basis); however, overtimes and weekend working may be required depending on sample volumes. Any additional hours will be taken as time off in lieu.
Due to the current situation caused by COVID 19, staff will be required to follow social distancing guidelines and strict cleaning regimes, with physical separation of staff throughout the laboratory.
If you are interested in this position and would like to be considered, please do not hesitate to apply!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.