Great opportunity for Microbiology technician position within an international Microbiology water/Food testing laboratory!
This is a permanent opportunity paying up to £16,500 per annum based in Cambridge area!
Search Scientific consultancy is a recruitment partner to a water/food testing company who are looking for a Microbiology technicians to join their growing laboratory. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a desirable employer, where the successful individual will be performing water/food microbiological analysis and day to day support in the laboratory.
* Analysis of water/Food samples for the presence of microorganisms such as Salmonella, Legionella etc
* Make to perform all duties/tests to the specified quality and technical standards
* Ensure plates are read and confirmation tests are carried out
* Ensure results are reported to utility customers on time
* Ensure laboratory has adequate stock of consumables to run the shifts
* General maintenance of the lab
* Degree in Science or related field or happy to consider candidates who has passion for science even if they don't have a degree
* For this role you'll need to be able to follow strict instructions and guidelines.
* You will be a self-motivated perfectionist and thrive on delivering exceptional results.
* This role would suit someone who is comfortable with repetitive work but has a real passion for working in a lab.
* Experience within laboratory environment working in a UKAS lab is desired but not essential
If your skills match the above and you are interested in this position then please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.