Excellent opportunity for a Microbiology team leader position within an international Microbiology Food testing laboratory!
This is a permanent role paying a competitive salary
Search Scientific consultancy is a recruitment partner to an international Food testing company who are looking for a Microbiology team leader to join their team based in Cambridge. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a desirable employer, where the successful individual will be performing food microbiological analysis and day to day support in the laboratory.
- Supervision of the Food Microbiology Laboratory, including deputising for the Laboratory Manager in their absence
- Ensure all team members are performing duties/tests to the specified quality and technical standards
- Make sure plates are read and confirmation tests are carried out/read on time
- Ensure laboratory has adequate stock of consumables to run the shifts
- Placing orders of consumables
- Communicate any operational issues immediately and directly to Laboratory Coordinator and ensure that any equipment faults or failures or any other issues are highlighted immediately
- Degree in Science or related field
- Experience within laboratory environment working as a Microbiologist.
- Excellent experience in people management within a UKAS laboratory. Experience in Food Microbiology testing preferred but not essential. Happy to consider candidates with waterd/environmental testing experience.
If your skills match the above and you are interested in this position, then please apply online or contact Pabudu on 0161 835 8359 or Email to Pabudu.firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.