Excellent opportunity for a senior microbiologist position within an international Microbiology water testing laboratory!
This is a permanent role paying a competitive salary
Search Scientific consultancy is a recruitment partner to an international water testing company who are looking for a senior microbiologist to join their team based in Bath. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a desirable employer, where the successful individual will be performing food microbiological analysis and day to day support in the laboratory.
- Day to Day supervision of the Water Microbiology Laboratory, including deputising for the team leader in their absence
- Ensure all team members are performing duties/tests to the specified quality and technical standards
- Make sure plates are read and confirmation tests are carried out/read on time
- Enter results to LIMS on time
- Ensure laboratory has adequate stock of consumables to run the shifts
- Placing orders of consumables
- Communicate any operational issues immediately and directly to Laboratory Coordinator and ensure that any equipment faults or failures or any other issues are highlighted immediately
- Degree in Science or related field
- Experience within laboratory environment working as a Microbiologist.
- Excellent experience in people management within a UKAS.ISO17025 laboratory. Experience in water Microbiology testing preferred. Happy to consider candidates with food/environmental testing experience.
If your skills match the above and you are interested in this position, then please apply online or contact Pabudu on 0161 835 8359 or Email to Pabudu.email@example.com
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.