R&D Microbiology Laboratory Manager
Upto £55K per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an R&D Microbiology Laboratory Manager
to join a diagnostics company, who specialise in delivering microbiological diagnostic products for clinical, industrial and veterinary testing.
Key responsibilities of the R&D Microbiology Laboratory Manager are:
* To be an active member of the Innovation Team to suggest and offer advice on new product ideas.
* Establish a network of laboratories able to undertake cost-effective confidential external evaluation of products and provide focussed information on preliminary product ideas to quickly prove the feasibility/viability or otherwise of solutions to specific problems and to mitigate poor performance where necessary.
* Control the external evaluation of fully finished new products to produce, where appropriate, published papers and/or posters from external opinion leaders
* Effective management to ensure on-time delivery of projects to meet detailed specification is imperative, particularly in respect of end product form, function, manufacturability and cost.
* The Microbiology Research and Development Manager will work alongside Management and Marketing personnel within the company to help define market requirements of new product concepts and ensure that design costs and timescales are accurately estimated. In addition, the job holder will work alongside the QC, Regulatory and Manufacturing personnel within the company to ensure processes are developed that will deliver robust, reproducible and cost-effective products.
The successful R&D Microbiology Laboratory Manager will:
* Have a PhD or equivalent in Microbiology/Clinical Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biomedical Science
* Have excellent man-management experience
* Have experience in product or project development within a commercial, hospital, or academic role
* Have a practical understanding of microbiological analytical methods
* Have the ability to identify, develop and implement new technologies and working practices to achieve optimal efficiency levels and value for money
If you are an experienced R&D Microbiology Lab Manager looking for a new challenge please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.