Our client is leading international contract research organisation providing drug discovery, development and lifecycle management services. Their clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organisations.
Our client are looking for a Metrologist with expertise in laboratory instruments to support qualification, maintenance, repairs and calibration of a range of laboratory testing equipment such as dissolution apparatus, particle counting apparatus, HPLC, UPLC. Experience in cell lab equipment such as incubators, autoclaves and safety hoods would be a plus.
- Coordinates and performs calibration and maintenance activities on a range of analytical equipment per company procedures.
- Coordinates and performs equipment qualifications, executing IQ/OQ/PQ activities.
- Tracks and maintains equipment schedule per company procedures.
- Reviews and updates equipment SOP's.
- Troubleshooting equipment repair.
- Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Coordinate and prioritise project activities with internal functional groups analytical labs.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in science or engineering. Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 3-5+ years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- GMP knowledge and understanding of FDA, ICH, and USP guidelines
- Analytical equipment experience is a must. Experience in running/maintaining/calibrating a range of analytical equipment including HPLC/UPLC/Dissolution apparatus/ particle counting apparatus. Experience in cell lab equipment is a plus.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Time management and project management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team as well as working off own initiative.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring frequent changes in priorities.
- Ability to train/mentor junior staff.
If this opportunity sounds like the ideal role for you, please contact Amanda Tam in Scientific in Glasgow.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.