Method Development Scientist
Up to £30,000
My client, a global biopharmaceutical company is recruiting for a Method Development Scientist, for their Chemical Development team, at their Wirral based site.
The role is predominantly laboratory based involving analytical method development and validation activities associated with APIs, intermediates and regulatory starting materials using a range of chromatographic techniques
The responsibilities of the Method Development Scientist are:
* Performing analytical testing of finished products and APIs using Liquid chromatography i.e. HPLC and UPLC coupled with a wide range of detection techniques including and not limited to UV, MS and MS/MS.
* Performing routine analysis using other analytical techniques such as: Gas Chromatography, Wet chemistry, Spectroscopy and Moisture analysis.
* Provide expertise within the Chemical Development service area spanning raw materials, intermediates and APIs.
* Support process chemistry with analytical support to build reaction mechanism understanding.
* Analytical support for onsite organic chemist during the API and Impurity synthesis.
* Evaluate new technologies to support method development activities to increase the analytical footprint/capability of the Chemical Process Development group.
The ideal candidate for the Method Development Scientist role will have:
* A BSc, MChem or MSc or equivalent in Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry or related subject is essential
* A sound fundamental knowledge of Organic Chemistry is essential.
* Previous 1-2 years experience of pharmaceutical analysis in a GMP laboratory using HPLC for testing of pharmaceutical products
* Experience performing method development to ICHQ2 guidelines
If you are an experienced Method Development Scientist looking for a new challenge, please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.