An opportunity has arisen for skilled staff with liaison or urgent care experience based in the Manchester area. We are helping to recruit two Band 6 A&E Mental Health Liaison Practitioners to work full-time nights in a hospital in Greater Manchester for the next three months, supporting the A&E department.
The mental health practitioners will be working in A&E as part of the Mental Health Liaison Team, reviewing patients who present with mental health problems. Staff are increasingly having to manage patients who have self-harmed or review patients with acute mental health problems.
The Mental Health Liaison Practitioner role comes with a competitive salary of £30.64 per hour and additional company benefits.
Primary responsibilities of the Mental Health post:
- Providing specialist advice and support in relation to colleague interactions with patients
- Working with the team to advise on new referrals following assessment
- Offering interventions for adults with complex mental health issues and co-morbid physical conditions
This role requires candidates with a genuine vocational drive to help people. It represents an exciting challenge for mental health nurses keen to work with complex mental and physical healthcare needs.
To apply for this challenging and highly rewarding position, you will need:
- A mental health nursing qualification
- Previous recent experience in working in a mental health setting
- Specialist knowledge of working with patients with complex needs
- An understanding of different psychological therapies and how these can benefit patients
To apply for one of these Mental Health Liaison Practitioner jobs in Manchester, contact us today to begin the application process.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age