Our market leading client is looking for a Mechanical Technician to work within an exciting Drug Discovery company.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Efficiently conduct corrective and routine mechanical maintenance activities including work generated on work requisition (non-urgent work jobs required by others on site) to meet service level agreements.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns.
- Ensure that maintenance schedules are kept up to date and that work is carried out in a timely manner.
- Work on small projects where required, including design / installation & commissioning or minor system (new or alterations).
- Raise orders for supplies as required.
- Constantly seek new, innovative and cost advantageous methods of completing the work without compromising safety or quality.
- Ensure all work is properly planned, documented to GxP requirements and entered correctly, in a timely fashion into the appropriate system (Maximo) and that accurate reports are generated.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the highest standards of safety and be proactive in addressing potential issues of hazard and risk and reporting such issues to management for prompt action.
- Liaise with all people that might be impacted by the work, affording them the opportunity where possible, to minimise disruptions and keeping them informed of progress and expected completion targets.
- Issuing of Permits
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Qualified journeyman in appropriate Engineering/Mechanical discipline
- City & Guilds accredited.
- 4 years experience as multi mechanical apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of production processes, fault diagnosis and repair, plumbing and pipework, Boiler operations (gas), heating systems, HVAC, Pumps and valves, Use of Building Management System, Water systems covering compliance with L8 Regulations on cooling towers, R/O and softening plant plus trade effluent.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you please feel free to apply and one of our team will be in touch to discuss further!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.