Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Burnley - Monday to Friday - Circa £33,000 DOE
Week 1: Monday to Friday 6am - 2:30pm
Week 2: 2pm to 10:30pm
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a much loved food manufacturer that has been operating for nearly 40 years operating out of a BRC grade AA manufacturing site.
Reporting in to the engineering manager you will be responsible for day to day planned and reactive maintenance on plant machinery. You will ensure that machinery is functional and it for purpose whilst following health and safety guidelines.
* Creating, performing and improving PPM schedules.
* Root cause analyse breakdowns
* Perform cost effective repairs.
* Fault finding on mechanical and electrical breakdowns
* Manage, liaise with and supervise external contractors where appropriate.
* Follow all SHEQ guidelines and report any near misses
* Maintain adequate number of spares for essential parts and cost effectively source parts where necessary
* To carry out other reasonable requests from the Engineering Manager, Production Manager or Operations Director.
* Apprentice trained or Btech, City and Guilds, ONC or HNC in relevant engineering discipline (preferably mechanical engineering)
* Some electrical experience or qualifications in electrical maintenance (for instance, 16th or 17th edition)
* Experience as a multi-skilled maintenance engineer in an FMCG or food environment
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.