Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Up to £37000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
The Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical is responsible for assisting the Engineering Supervisor in the effective and efficient running of all process related departments and projects, ultimately achieving optimum results.
This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
The following specific job responsibilities relate to this position:
* Inspect and maintain equipment to avoid malfunction and other problems with equipment;
* Ensure equipment is working and not in danger of breaking down;
* Perform routine inspections, fault finding and preventive maintenance on machines to keep them running smoothly;
* Responsible for troubleshooting the problem when a machine breaks down and assessing whether parts can be repaired or need to be replaced;
* Liaise with the Stores and Procurement Controller, ensuring any requirement for material and parts is communicated in a clear and timely manner;
* Repair heavy machinery, plant equipment, tools and systems used in the engineering and other industrial production processes;
* Undertake in-house project work when required, such as design, fabrication and installation of equipment;
* Ensure a full and comprehensive handover with engineering team members at shift change;
* Make any required upgrades or changes to established systems to improve or prolong efficiency;
* Meet engineering quality/manufacturing standards & specifications whilst achieving efficiency targets;
* Communicate, implement and monitor adherence to Company policies, procedures and standards, including operational, technical, Health & Safety and Human Resources to ensure the Company operates within legal and best practice guidelines;
* Actively identify and implement methods of improving performance and the effectiveness of processes, systems and practices by using observation and feedback ultimately maximising value and minimising waste / costs;
* Make informed decisions by taking into account and evaluating all appropriate information including the impact the decision will have;
* Ensure target, production and quality parameters are achieved;
* Attend engineering team meetings and attend relevant meetings as required.
* Liase and be point of contact for outside contractors working on-site;
* Support the Engineering Supervisor;
* Complete on call duties, record utility readings and carry out routine inspection checks when required.
This job description is not exhaustive and covers the main areas of responsibility. It is subject to change periodically and other reasonable duties may be requested by senior managers. The above responsibilities are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate alternative or additional duties as may be required which are within their capability and competence.
Key Behavioural Competencies (Personal Characteristics)
* Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing Continuous Professional Development;
* Work with the management systems to provide an excellent service to the business, its suppliers and customers;
* Forward thinking with the ability to operate in a logical and strategic manner;
* Have sound judgement and decision-making skills to consider costs and benefits of potential actions whilst choosing the most appropriate option;
* Ability to work on own initiative;
* Ability to work to timescales and deadlines;
* Computer Literacy;
* Effective time management;
* Be a team player.
* Level 3 Certificate in Engineering
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in an Engineering/Maintenance role
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.