Mechanical Design Engineer required within a cutting edge design and manufacturing company based in Glasgow. They are industry leaders in the design, manufacture and installation of high end oil & gas processing equipment and work with some of the world's biggest brands.
You'll be working designing solutions for the companies global client base. As such, international travel will be required occasionally.
About the Job
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you'll be working directly with clients to design solutions that will allow them to increase their production capacity, taking into account required specifications, minimising downtime and providing support for installation engineers. You'll be designing everything from the ground up to make sure the packages meet the desired standard, taking into account AMSE & API standards used within the Oil & Gas industry. Working knowledge of these would be of great advantage.
You'll be working with different packages including AutoCAD & Autodesk Inventor. You'll be carrying out site visits to ensure all information is correct and reviewing after installation. As a key member of the team, it'll be up to you to show your expertise and handle all business enquiries professionally.
The designs will be 3D models for the most part and will require considerable attention to ensure quality is to a high standard within what can be tight time-frames.
You should have experience working as a Mechanical Design Engineer or Draughtsperson role with a company in a similar industry. This could be Oil & Gas, Defence, Commercial gas & heating products or Aerospace - or an industry where rotating equipment is commonplace.
Here's what you'll also need and why;
- Mechanical Design or Mechanical Engineering degree - for a sound knowledge base to carry out the role
- Inventor & AutoCAD experience with Tube & Piping experience - to carry out the main aspects of the job effectively
- Project management skills - to be able to make your way through your workload effectively
- Great communication skills - to be able to liaise with clients and keep them informed on the progress of the order
- Valid passport - to be able to travel to & from work and travel abroad as required, the main work base can be reached by public transport if required.
With this Mechanical Design Engineer job, you'll receive a great salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, click apply and send us a copy of your latest CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.